Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Any advice on defending my false plates'; case?

I bought a car from a small crappy car lot and they told me to put my old plates onto my new car and they would hve it switched over. Well, 5 months go by and I get pulled over, and ticketed and my plates taken away. Since then, I've called the car co. and they take no responsibility. They never sent me my registration (now I know, because they never registered it!). I took matters into my own hands and had the car registered and new plates put on. My new court date is coming up next week, and I want to know if I have a leg to stand on with the judge??? Please help!!!!Any advice on defending my false plates'; case?
If the small crappy car lot collected fees from you for the registration and plates and didn't forward that money to the DMV, yes, you do have a case. Take the sales contract showing that you paid the fees to the dealer with you to court. If they collected no fees from you, you have no case because they had no obligation to buy registration and plates on your behalf even if someone there said they would take care of it.Any advice on defending my false plates'; case?
responsibility yours to go and have them switch over at dmv





registration of new or used car your responsibility you get at dmv





registered it your responsibility at dmv


they give you a car title which prove who owns car then you take that to dmv to get it registered


if you got tags you can hav ethem switch over to new car at that time leg to stand on most people have two but in court sorry sure you pay th efine and go get car registered or go get car registered before court might not get fine but most likely will
i dont know what state your in but in Tennessee as long as it is registered and insured they will drop it then you just have court cost and the speeding ticket lol
You have no defense. Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment