Friday, February 12, 2010

Isn't this a case of false advertisement.?

Now I'm not much of a lawyer but my mom is, however she's a divorce attorney so she isn't 100% positive on the answer of my question. Now I've read a lot of cases about people who sue companies for millions of dollars for really stupid things. And a couple of weeks ago in my Social Actions class we were discussing false advertisement and we talked about how everything has to be sold exactly how it is advertised or it is false advertisement.





So that same day I saw a Burger King commercial and I thought it was pretty funny, it was the one with the whopper jr and his father, so I kind of remembered it. But in the commercial it said the burger was only 1 dollar. However I noticed the other day when I entered a local Burger King that it was actually $1.19. Isn't this false advertisement? Not that I'm going to try to sue BK but when you think of the amounts of people who buy whopper jr's everyday thinking their a dollar BK must make millions out of it. I mean supposed with taxes its 1.07, you multiply the the 12 leftover cents by lets say, 1 million burgers a day. That's a lot of money. I just found it amusing and also interesting how such a big industry could make such a stupid error.Isn't this a case of false advertisement.?
It's not false advertising. I'm sure somewhere at the end of that commercial it said in fine print ';price and participation may vary';. That means the individual franchise owner can choose whether or not they want to participate in a national marketing campaign. Most do; some don't.Isn't this a case of false advertisement.?
If you look closely at the bottom of the ad, you will see ';participating stores only'; written in very small print.
  • virus removal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment