Friday, February 12, 2010

Do you think I have a case over a false positive hiv test?

3 months pregnant and about 2 weeks ago I went to have my HIV screening down, which apparently came back positive so my doctor sent my blood work to another lab to confirm with the West Blot test that I did indeed have HIV and the this lab also sent back a positive result, so my dr informed me I did have HIV, my husband ended up getting tested and I went and got my CD4 counts, on the same day which was about 4 days ago my husbands results and my cd4 counts came back, he was negative and my cd4 counts were normal, after this my ob/gyn wanted answers to what was going on and found out the the lab never retested my blood and just sent out a positive without retesting my blood and also found out I was not the only persons blood they did not retest, so after my dr did some calling they retested my blood with the West Blot test and I do NOT have HIV. We are all out raged that they could be so irresponsible with such a serious matter, does anyone believe I have a case here and could sue?Do you think I have a case over a false positive hiv test?
I would sue. What a scare!Do you think I have a case over a false positive hiv test?
I would send them a bill for the extra labwork, any transportation expenses, and your standard hourly salary for the time you spent clearing this up.





If they didn't pay, I would sue them in small claims court and take it to the media ... embarrass the hell out of them.





I would also make sure your doctor reports the lab to whoever licenses them ... what they did was inexcusably sloppy, and billing for work they didn't do is fraud.
You could sue with emotional estress, you do Have a case but just for emotional stress you get about 2,000 for this good luck thank god this is all false good luck i was scare when i was reading this than i felt better...
There are many things that can cause a false positive diagnosis, and being pregnant is one of them. The fact that they did not re-test untill you persisted shows negligence. I believe you do have a case and should sue.


Am not sure what country you are in, but if you are in England, i could put you in touch with someone who could help.


I could also send you alot more info on this subject.


Please e-mail me for more info.
Let me tell you this..





i had a doctor who PERFORMED SURGERY on me due to a skin infection.. it was minor but still.. it was surgery..she cut me open.. nehow.. she didnt prescribe me with medication..i was left with a huge open wound on my bikini area/near thigh.. well lets just say i found out a few days later from another doctor who said she was supposed to prescribe me with meds bc i could of gotten a SERIOUS INFECTION. whatever that doctor was being a b*tch about.. i reported her to the member services in a nice, respectful manner.. well got a letter and a call and was told i have a pretty good case.. the hospital doesnt want me to file a lawsuit so they are going to give me money and possibly lifetime medical plan..





shyt happens i understand that.. people make mistakes.. so its up to you.. another thing is.. i dont know if u know about hiv test and pregnancy.. but they usually give off false positives anyways.. ITS very common..type that in google.. pregnancys and HIV tests are always iffy bc of ur body and ur changes..so its very common when pregnant women get false positives.. so ur hospital may look at it as a error which is common.. as supposed to if u weren't pregnant... i dont see a case but u can notified the member services just to let them know the worrying they caused you and ur family.





now i have a case on my hands bc i was told that by the review board bc what i had was surgery due to a skin infection that could of cost my life.. so thats why i was told i will get money and lifetime medical plan.. and im 21 :)





good luck 2 u.. and im sorry about ur worries.. devastating for u, ur family and ur child.. i would definitely tell the member services how scared u were and that they should of been more careful or let u know ahead of time about the fact that there are always problems with tests when it comes down to women being pregnant.. even I know that and i never been pregnant! ur doctor should of notified u of that information!

No comments:

Post a Comment