Monday, February 8, 2010

Do I have a case in false advertising?

I bought a box of ice cream cones for home use, but when I opened the box I was shocked. The supposedly cones had flat bottoms. According to geometry cones do not have flat bottoms, I wouldn't have a problem if they were called cylinders, but no, they advertise them as ';cones,'; which is a total lie. I looked up cone in the dictionary to see if there was another definition, but no, there wasn't, it was blatant false advertising and I want to sue, do I have a case?Do I have a case in false advertising?
First: false advertising has to do with deliberately misrepresenting a product or service.





Second: Ice cream cones have appeared as both cone-tipped and flat-bottomed for years.





Was the picture on the container different than the actual contents of the box? If it was, take the box back to the grocery store and see if they'll exchange it for what you're looking for.





If it wasn't, just forget about it. No lawyer would take this on - there IS no case. For what? A couple of bucks? Why waste any more energy even thinking about this.Do I have a case in false advertising?
Don't think there's much of a case there, Successful cases usually require a person to have been damaged in some significant way and this seems to be more in the way of disappointment
You really need to get a life if this is something that upsets you to the point you would consider a lawsuit. However, if you are in the U.S. it seems people sue over everything and actually succeed.
Flat bottomed ';ice cream cones';, also called ';ice cream cake cups'; are very common. Unless the picture on the box showed a true cone, you don't have a case.
good luck on that one

No comments:

Post a Comment