Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What can I do to report someone who files a false car ins. claim? (in this case, the accident never happened)?

I got a message today (Tuesday) from my car insurance company and they said that I was to call them back about a claim. I did so and they told me that I would have to call back tomorrow morning to talk to an adjuster about the details, but that someone had called them today at 3p and made a claim against me from an accident on Sunday. I was not in an accident on Sunday. I do have damage on my car from two priors (one in 04-my fault, paid out, and one in 05-not my fault, was paid). Now I'm upset and irate because I have to deal with this when I was not in any accident!! I think this is fraud, but I don't know what I can do to report, if anything, against this person who is making false charges against me.


Stupid scammers!What can I do to report someone who files a false car ins. claim? (in this case, the accident never happened)?
report to police depaortment and keep that report paper to proof to the insurance company which they will investigate the scam artistWhat can I do to report someone who files a false car ins. claim? (in this case, the accident never happened)?
Well you could go to the county office where the so called accident happened. If you were involved in the accident, that country's court should be able to give you a record of the accident. If there is no record of an accident with your car, then that should be proof that you could use to file a police report about the mistaken identity and clear yourself. Or perhaps one of your friends' or family members took your car, got into an accident(so your insurance is reponsible) and did not tell you about it.





Also, the insurance adjuster is going to do an investigation. IInsurance companies just don't honor or pay off claims without conducting thorough investigations; they don't want to lose money. If it is a fake claim, they will find out and the insurance company will be able to file charges against the person making false claims.
This has happened to me before. You are most likely being scammed. They'll want you to ';settle'; for cash to ';avoid'; filing a claim with your insurance carrier. First don't panic (I know, easy for me to say) Your first call should be to the police and your insurance company and tell them that you believe you are being scammed. Your prior driving record doesn't matter. What ever you do, do NOT contact the person making the claim against you directly. If their insurance company calls you, Do Not give them any personal information about you (address, telephone numbers, where you work or go to school, or your physical description) tell them that you were not involved in any accident and to contact your insurance company and then hang up. The best thing you can do is make the other person prove that you were the driver of the car they claim hit them by filing a police report. If they file a false report it is a misdemeanor. They will be arrested and you can press charges, sue them for libel, slander and defamation of character. Keep accurate notes of all phone calls you receive (Date, Time, male or female, and details of the questions) It takes time, but usually as soon as you involve the authorities, the scammers disappear.





Good Luck!
i deal with this crap all the time....I run a trucking company... tell them to prove it. ask them for pictures of the accident scene. what date and time did this happen - can they PROVE you were there....because you can prove you werent. dont fret - just get even. Keep your heal kewl - you dont have to prove anything...they do. have em take you to court..... you are already the winner!!!
first off call the insurance and deny the claim...secondly get ahold of the police and make a report of this so you have your backside covered.





If someone has made a claim...they must have a name and address. Get that persons name and address then go back to the police and file a fraud case.





Hope this helps
please do not worry u r not the one filing a false claim, your claims people do not want to pay for something their insured didn't do. Call them, they will ask u if this accident happened if not %26amp; they feel it a fraudulent claim they will take the proper action.
Before you can decide what to do....you need to hear from the insurer as to what was being claimed.





If another driver is attempting to make a claim against you....they can't just make the claim...they have to PROVE it.





This can be done by providing a copy of a police report....if they don't have one....then you need to strongly suggest to your insurer that you weren't in an accident.





When you call the insurer and you find out the other driver may be trying to engage in fraud....call the insurer back and ask for the Special Investigative Unit (or SIU).





They will take your information and try to determine if they are being defrauded.
talk to your insurance company,,and tell them whats going on,,let them set the scammer up,,they,ll catch them at there own game,,talk to them,,they,ll help you,,good luck hope this help,s

No comments:

Post a Comment