Friday, February 12, 2010

They say ';no two labours are the same';...is this true or false in your case?

My daughter was induced so that was a little different, but





both boys labours were near identical and people always say that 'no two labours are the same'....





Both went into labour at the same time of day


Both went into labour on a Saturday


Got to hospital at the same time of day


Labour pain was equal, one was not worse or different to the other


One born at 7.07am the other at 7.21am


Both born on a Sunday


Both delivered by the same midwife (who was randomly on duty, not chosen by us)


Both were delivered in the same labour room!


Both around the same size, 8lb2oz and 8lb10oz


Both around the same length, 54 %26amp; 55 cm


Both had the same head size





To me this is just weird! Everyone always comments on how different their labours were and how different the babies were but mine were nearly exactly the same! Like having twins on different days lol








What was your experience like....were two or more of your labours totally different or similar? Am I totally wrong and lots of people have really similar labours lolThey say ';no two labours are the same';...is this true or false in your case?
14 hours of labor with my son (induced). 4 hours of pushing(he was face up). Had to use the vacuum for assistance. He was 7lb 15oz born at 1100pm on a Friday.





5 hours of labor with my daughter (induced) 2 pushes. She was 7lbs 7oz.





Very VERY different for me!





We plan on having a third... curious to see what that's like! :)They say ';no two labours are the same';...is this true or false in your case?
I was induced with my first and went naturally with my second. They were incredibly similar........same duration of labor and pushing (12 hours for each) although with my second, I was very energetic immediately whereas it took me a little longer to pep up with the first.
Thankfully, it was very true in my case. Both were sort of induced (not pitocin but cervidil started the labor the first time and prostagel started it the second time. The good part is that the second was only 3 hours long whereas the first was approx. 24 hours!
mines were totally different. but my girl was defenately better than my boy... even now she is 6 months old, she is better beahved than he was.
I have had six, and I can tell you six very different birth stories
it depends on the women
Mine had similarities but they were more different than the same.


With both I went into labour and delivered on a Sunday. Contractions started at 5am with my first and 6am with my second. Delivered in the same hospital, but I had the room right next to the room I had with my first. Got to the hospital at the same time as first. That's were the similarities end. My first I had an epidural, had my water broken artificially, got an episiotomy, and was in labour for 13 hours. With my second, I went drug free, waters broke naturally, had a second degree tear, and was in labour for 5 hours.
I'd say my labours were nearly the same. It was the recoveries that were very different.





I went into labour at 7:30am with my daughter, 3am with my son.


Labour started on a Sunday with my daughter, Monday with my son.


Both were born on the same day I went into labour.


Labour lasted 8h55m with my daughter, 6h15m with my son.


About 15-20 minutes of pushing for each.


Epidural with my daughter, no drugs with my son.


86 stitches and 4 months of recovery with my daughter, 7 stitches and 3 hours of recovery with my son.


Daughter was 6lbs 6.5oz, son was 6lbs 12oz.


Daughter was 18.5in, son was 19in.


Both head circumferences were 33cm.


Both were born in the same delivery room.


Daughter had the worst OB in Brantford (being sued for medical malpractice), son, I had no doctor, just a student.


Daughter was 5:25pm, son was at 11:15am.

No comments:

Post a Comment