Friday, February 12, 2010

What do I do in the case of a false non-sufficient funds charge?

Hello,


I just recently paid my rent online, but the next day, I realized that I had forgotten to pay the processing fee that goes along with that. In order to pay this fee, I wrote a check to my apartment complex for $7 to make up for this faux pas on my part. When I went to check my balance online, I saw that I had a $35 non-sufficient funds charge assessed to my account. To see why, I checked my messages and saw that the check I had written to my apartment complex was not processed for $7 but for $415 (which is what my rent is). Now, in my account history, the online payment for $415 to my apartment complex had alredy been assessed, leaving me with more than enough to pay the $7 check, but instead of this, I got the $35 penalty charge and a bounced check. Now, when this bounced check gets back to my apartment complex, I'll be charge $50 in another fee, and they'll probably try to charge me late fees as well. All of these fees and charges total almost $200 that I do not wish to be wrongly charged for. How do I go about fixing this? Can I avoid having to pay the bounced check fees to my bank and apartment complex?What do I do in the case of a false non-sufficient funds charge?
You could contact the apartment complex people to see if they can give you a break in the fees. But the other fees you still have to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment